Monday, September 28, 2015

THINKING ABOUT THE PAST WITH THE NARCISSIST....

Wow, after my split with the narcissist, I spent years, and I mean years, going over that 20 year span, remembering the details, questioning myself about my motivations, blaming myself for not leaving earlier, reinterpreting things that happened in light of what I knew now, and the more I learned, the more clear all that has become.

But, I had a female friend back then who pointed something out to me.....I was thinking about the past so much that it was dominating my life and interfering with my present. I didn't even realize how much time and energy I was spending on the past until she told me.

Living in the present was actually difficult to me back then....I realized I was sort of obsessing about understanding my marriage to the narcissist, and that if I wanted to be "fully present" in the NOW, I needed to set aside a certain amount of time each day, or week, to think about the past, and the rest of the time to live in the present moment.

Obsessing about the narcissist is typical, however, of those with Narcissistic Victim Syndrome, I think largely because we have to rethink everything we thought we knew about the narcissistic relationship, since we understand that it was all phony and that the narcissist never loved us. We may well wonder how many times the narcissist cheated, and realize that just because we don't know what the narcissist has done, doesn't mean that it didn't happen, since the narcissist is capable of anything.

NVS and PTSD are natural responses to severe trauma and deep manipulation by the narcissist, which included gaslighting, which causes us to not know what to believe is true and false anymore. Obsessing over the past is also a natural response to high anxiety, and because we don't want to repeat our mistakes we try to understand how we were fooled.

However, obsessing over the N will produce even more anxiety, which is another reason to set aside a time to think about it, and only during that time. When the thoughts come into your mind, notice that, and say to the thoughts, "Ah, not now. We'll talk later." The more you do this, the easier it becomes.

We may also obsess over the fantasy that the narcissist created in our mind when the N did "future faking"....the N made us believe in a beautiful future which we wanted so much to be true. But, as you know, that too was not real. It's OK, even a good thing, to want that for yourself, but not with a narcissist....that can NEVER be.

2 comments:

  1. I will forever be indebted to the great Doctor AKHIGBE for fixing my broken marriage after my husband left me for 6 months. I never believed in spells until my close friend introduced me to him. At first, I was skeptical about him because I heard a lots about false spell casters but I put my doubts behind me for i was desperate to get my husband back and I did according to what he instructed me to do. Now my husband is back just within 48 hours of contacting him. I'm living happily with my husband again after 6 months of divorce and I will not rest till he's known all over the world. He's also specialize in sickness spells. Get connected with Doctor AKHIGBE now, his email is drakhigbespellhome7@gmail.com or WhatsApp on +2349021374574 and I said I must let any email I see on net must know about this because am very happy .     

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I bring you good news. Do you need black magic spells to get rid of your husband's mistress ? Do you want to fix your marriage or relationship or you want to get back with your ex after the breakup or you want to put a stop to that Divorce? Do you want revenge on your enemies or do you want a death spell cast on someone who has wronged you in the past ? If yes then let me recommend a tested and trusted voodoo man called Dr noble who has helped me to destroy my enemy (Donald) that almost ruined my life just because I got promoted before him at our place of work. I contacted Dr Noble for his powerful death spell and in 48 hours Donald died in an accident. It was the greatest news to me that day. Finally my enemy is out of the way thank you Noble. Here is Dr Noble's website noblesolutiontemple.com you also add him on WhatsApp via +2349059610643 or call him on 2348139452225

    ReplyDelete