Wednesday, September 30, 2015

INVALIDATION: THE COVERT FORM OF ABUSE...

One of the most corrosive and destructive forms of narcissistic abuse is invalidation.  This occurs when the narcissist acts like we don't exist, or don't matter, or are worthless and unimportant.  It's very distressing to us and causes us to redouble our efforts to be significant to the narcissist.  But, this is not about us, though we don't know it.  It's about the narcissist, as always. 

We once had ALL the narcissist's attention, or so it seemed, and their affection, and we were the most important thing in the N's life.  Now, we wonder what's wrong with us. 

Invalidation is the opposite of love.  It is an exquisite cruelty in a romantic relationship where we believed we had a life partner.  an aspect of invalidation is the devalue and discard phase...we become less than nothing to the narcissist, who has moved on instantly, making us bewildered.  In fact, the N in the process of doing the same thing to another victim.

I know my now wife still felt invalidated 5 years post divorce to the point she felt unworthy of a relationship...that is, until we met.  What is validating to her?  It's as simple as a normal, loving relationship that is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.  It's complementing her, making her feel special because she is special, and her understanding her importance to my life, and my son's life. 

Just remember, there was NEVER anything wrong with you.  You were always enough for the right person...a normal person.  You didn't lose the narcissist's love...you never had it.  It was all fake, and it's fake with the new supply.  But, oh my, show things change with the right person.  Yes, you can be happy again.  Don't let the narcissist win...move on to a good relationship.  Just start slowly and gradually.  It happened for me and for my now wife, and if it happened for us it can happen for you.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I bring you good news. Do you need black magic spells to get rid of your husband's mistress ? Do you want to fix your marriage or relationship or you want to get back with your ex after the breakup or you want to put a stop to that Divorce? Do you want revenge on your enemies or do you want a death spell cast on someone who has wronged you in the past ? If yes then let me recommend a tested and trusted voodoo man called Dr noble who has helped me to destroy my enemy (Donald) that almost ruined my life just because I got promoted before him at our place of work. I contacted Dr Noble for his powerful death spell and in 48 hours Donald died in an accident. It was the greatest news to me that day. Finally my enemy is out of the way thank you Noble. Here is Dr Noble's website noblesolutiontemple.com you also add him on WhatsApp via +2349059610643 or call him on 2348139452225

    ReplyDelete
  2. After 3 years of suffering, my husband left me and my kids hated me for no reason, I got sacked at work without any genuine reasons, I shared tears daily living a lonely life but I was determined what is the cost of my predicament, one day as I was going through some articles on the internet I saw a testimony of mrs Vanessa testifying how she got her life revived by Dr Iyere the honest man know and I quickly contacted him VIA (driyerespelltemple1@gmail.com) and I explained my situation to him and he told me my ex who I broke up with to my husband was responsible for my misfortune and he vows to frustrate my life because I didn’t marry him. Dr Iyere ask me what I wanted him to do to my ex who is after my life I told him to cast a dead spell on him because as long as he is alive he will never allow me a moment of peace, which he did and within 3 days he was dead and since his death my life have been so transformed, my kids now love me and my husband is back to me I latter got a call to return to work that the sack was a mistake, wow what a miracle… Thanks allot Dr Iyere. You can contact Dr via call or Whatsapp: +2348106427180
    Website:https://driyereherbalcentre.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete